GOVERNMENT OF KARNATAKA
(Department OF Horticulture)
No.DH/PC/AHO-1/110/2005-06 Directorate of Horticulture,
SHORT TERM TENDER NOTIFICATION
Sub: Tender for the supply of quality Ginger seed material for the year 2005-06 to the Department of Horticulture in Karnataka-reg.
Ref: 1. Government Order No.ACN/DC/D/1530/2000,
2. The Karnataka Transparency in Public Procurment Act, 1999.
Government Order No. FD 9 PCL 2004 (II)
4. AHD 71 HGM 2006 Dated: 17.03.2006
* * *
Sealed Tenders are invited by the Department of Horticulture, Government of Karnataka for the supply of quality Ginger Seed material under National Horticulture Mission Scheme to be implemented in different districts during the year 2005-06.
Sealed tenders are invited from the Commodity Boards and Corporations, farmers and Agricultural Universities for the supply of quality ginger seed material to the various district officers of the Department of Horticulture, during the year 2005-06. The sealed tenders are to be superscribed as “TENDER FOR SUPPLY OF QUALITY GINGER SEED MATERIAL 2005-06” AND ADDRESSED TO THE DIRECTOR OF HORTICULTURE, LALBAGH, Bangalore-4. Tenders who like to participate in the tender process should furnish details in the prescribed tender form. Prescribed tender forms can be obtained by paying a fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) from the Directorate of Horticulture, Lalbagh, Bangalore-560 004, from 20.03.2006 to 25.03.2006. Tenders received other than in the prescribed tender forms will be rejected. Additional information can be obtained from the office of the Joint Director of Horticulture (Plantation Crops) Lalbagh, Bangalore-4, during office hours.
may quote their lowest rate for the supply of the above material. EMD of Rs.10,000/-
(Rupees Ten Thousand only) should be submitted along with the tender form. The EMD should be in the form of crossed
Demand Draft in favour of the Director of
1. The tenderers should supply good quality ginger seed material absolutely free from pests and diseases. The seed material should be of any of the following varieties. Suprabha, Suruchi, Surabi, Varada.
2. The tenderers have to supply the seed material produced by them during the year 2005-06.
3. The tenderers (farmers)
should supply the seed material produced by them, which should have been
procured from the Horticulture Department, Government of Karnataka or
4. The farmers have to enclose the original copy of the R.T.C.
5. The seed material will be inspected by the team of the Horticulture Department, Government of Karnataka, for the quality. Only the seed material which is certified as of good quality will be considered.
6. The tenderers should give the correct address and telephone number in the tender form.
7. The rate quoted by the tenderer should be inclusive of transportation charges.
8. The rates quoted by the tenderers should be valid during the financial year 2005-06 and 2006-07 i.e., till 30th June 2006.
9. The EMD should be in the form of crossed demand draft in favour of the Director of Horticulture, Cheques or NSC will not be accepted.
10. The tenderers who have the capacity to supply a minimum of 1000 kgs of Ginger seed material should only apply and should give the details of the varieties in the tender form.
11. The Director of Horticulture will not give indents to the approved tenderers. Indents will be given only by the District Officers/Taluks Officers of various districts. Placing of indents/ not placing of indents will be the discretion of the implementing officers. Any complaints in this regard will not be entertained in the Directorate of Horticulture.
12. The list of the approved tenderers will be sent to the Deputy Director of Horticulture (Zilla panchayath) and Senior Assistant Director of Horticulture (Zilla panchayath) and other officers of all the districts to place their indents and the approved tenderers should supply the seed material to the respective districts at their own cost within the stipulated dated to the assigned destinations. Otherwise the EMD will be forfeited to the Government.
13. The approved tenderers will be responsible for any damage of the seed material due to natural calamities or other factors during transit.
14. The approved tenderers should supply the ginger seed material in gunny bags of 52.5 kgs, each (including 5% moisture content) and should mention 50 kgs on the bag. The name of the variety should also be mentioned.
15. The tenderers have to give variety-wise samples of seed material at the rate of 1.00 kg (One kg) per sample along with the tender form. Tenders without samples will not be considered.
16. The seed material is subject to verification and certification by the Technical Committee constituted for this purpose formed by the Director of Horticulture. The seed material supplied by the approved tenderer will be again checked at the point of supply. If it is found infested with pest and diseases no payment is made. The tenderer has to bear the cost if any loss occurs at that time.
17. If the approved tenderer does not abide by any of the above conditions, the EMD amount will be forfeited to the Government.
18. The Director of Horticulture is empowered to accept or reject the tenders, without assigning any reasons thereof, for the rejection.
19. If the approved tenderer fails to supply the material to the indenting officer within the stipulated time the next approved tenderer will be asked to supply the material, if there is any price difference the tenderer who failed to supply will have to bear the difference amount and should be remitted to the Government or as directed by the Director of Horticulture, and also they are liable for prosecution as under law.
20. In case of any disputes, the courts at
Director of Horticulture